Philippians 4:6-7 (Darby Translation): Be careful about nothing; but in everything, by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; 7 and the peace of God, which surpasses every understanding, shall guard your hearts and your thoughts by Christ Jesus.
Be careful about nothing means be anxious about nothing.
By prayer (worship): reflecting back to God his attributes proper, giving Him is full weight. Reflecting on His character.
- True: see Titus 1:2 (God cannot lie.)
- Right (Righteous. Always does the right thing.)
- All-knowing (God knows all events in succession, at once.)
- All-powerful: see John 1:1-5
- Love: see 1 John 4:10
- Good (Happy making.)
- Holy (Distinctly identified and set apart. There is nothing like the God of the Bible).
- Supplication is a cry for help for someone else or for the believer himself or herself.
- With thanksgiving, you thank God for a thing and think about the attribute or attributes of God on display in the process of having given it to you. Thanksgiving is an essential manifestation of the filling of the Holy Spirit. It is the only type of communication with God that is an indicator of Spirit filling.
Let your requests be made known to God.
… And the “the peace from God” that surpasses every understanding and it shall guard your hearts, and thoughts by Jesus Christ.