“…food and drink regarded as a source of strength; nourishment.”
Sometimes we should simplify our diets. Science is showing us “western diets” are creating metabolic syndrome leading to type 2 diabetes (essentially, insulin resistance and fat accumulation), and type 3 diabetes (some forms of dementia).
My experiment is going well.
- Chicken, fish, and red meat
- Healthy fats
- Carbohydrates in the form of greens (steamed or raw)
- Water, seltzer water, and coffee
- Sugar in all forms
- Fruit juice
The low-carbohydrate style diet has done many things in three weeks.
- Spawned creativity and energized me to go outside!
- Normalized my blood pressure due to the diet’s diuretic nature.
- Alleviated food allergies that manifest in skin issues and heart palpitations.
- Allowed 15 pounds of weight loss, mainly excess water (without a doubt, the water that was causing the high blood pressure). The weight loss will slow now.
Once I’m within 15 pounds of a healthy goal weight I’ll add back:
- Certain berries
- Some dairy
- Some beans
It turns out Atkins was right and nutritionists are agreeing. Low-fat diets are not healthy for your brain or liver. Low-carbohydrate diets are sustainable and healthy with regard to weight loss, cholesterol panels, food allergies, and blood pressure.
My WordPress site is just one example of the creativity a simple diet change is causing.